A key element to MORSCO’s future growth will be the continued opportunity to add companies to the group via acquisitions. MORSCO evolved through the combination of Morrison Supply (TX, OK, NM, KS, LA), Express Pipe & Supply (So. CA), Farnsworth Wholesale Supply (AZ), Wholesale Specialties (CO), and Murray Supply Company (NC, VA) as well as the addition of several in-market acquisitions. The five market-leading companies are always looking to expand, and they continue to seek complimentary companies to help serve customers in their respective markets. As the company continues to expand its national footprint, MORSCO also looks to partner with companies in new and existing markets and become the preferred distributor for customers across the country.
As we review potential companies to join the group, we scrutinize and assess each target company based on our values and we ask the following questions:
- Are they local leaders among customers, employees, vendors, and in their communities?
- Will they benefit from MORSCO’s relationships with key manufacturers?
- Is management focused on making the daily improvements to better serve customers, employees, and vendors?
- Will the management team and the employees fit seamlessly into the culture of MORSCO, and are they committed individually to improving themselves?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then you might be a good candidate to join MORSCO’s organization. Please contact Dan Filler at (877) 709-2227, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of joining the family of MORSCO companies.
Typical Asset Purchase Process
- Initial discussion among Company and MORSCO leadership to determine mutual interest
- Execute confidentiality agreement and exchange information
- Formal meeting of owners and key executives, and a tour of the facilities
- Provide verbal indication of value and key transaction parameters
- Letter of Intent
- Develop legal agreement and conduct formal due diligence including financial, operational, market, human resources, environmental, risk management and legal
- Finalize asset purchase agreement, conduct physical inventory and closing
- Integrate companies and execute growth strategy
- Strong management team committed to future growth of business and employees
- Leading position (1st or 2nd) in markets served
- Projection of steady or growing market conditions
- Demonstrated consistency and profitable growth
- Effective and efficient utilization of assets
- Clean operating history